September 5, 2008
Large Population Catchment? Arghhh...tak paham aku!
Hey, are you selling a house or what? Do you mean large population concentrates in this area? Now, let’s check the dictionaries:
- http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki: catchment (plural catchments) = Any structure or land feature which catches and holds water.
- www.thefreedictionary.com: catchment = (a) A structure, such as a basin or reservoir, used for collecting or draining water. (b) The amount of water collected in such structure.
- http://dictionary.com: catchment = (a) the act of catching water. (b) Something for catching water, as a reservoir or basin. (c) The water that is caught in such a catchment.
- Date & Time: Sep 5, 2008; 7.30 am
- Location: Jalan Kajang-Semenyih (Sunway Semenyih Traffic Light)
- Nature of Business: Construction
September 4, 2008
Aiyaa! Apek, lu mau "mengeksport qualiti tilam" ka?
Excuse me, Apek! The direct translation is so confusing…you should write “Tilam Berkualiti Eksport” instead.
- Date & Time: Sep 3, 2008; 7.30 am
- Location: Jalan Kajang-Semenyih (near SM Teknik, Kajang)
- Nature of Business: Home Improvement & Furniture
September 3, 2008
Assalamualaikum Wrt. Wbt.
- This advertorial was published on Aug 23, 2008 in the New Strait Times (NST) by Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia. It was published in conjunction with the university’s 7th Convocation ceremony.
- There were serious grammatical errors in the advertorial as highlighted by “Sudahlahko” in his/ her posting in Cari.com (the posting is reproduced below).
- What a mess! It is still acceptable if this error was done by a primary or secondary school. But, this was done by a public university! As if the error was not enough, to add salt to injury, it was published by NST- one of the major English newspapers in Malaysia.
- Perhaps, NST needs to organize a new program similar to the recent highly successful “Spell-It-Right” or SIR challenge. Name it “Write-it-Right”or WIR challenge. The responsible NST editor, the university’s undergraduates and staff could be the first participant in such program…hehehe.
- In future, both NST and Universiti Tun Hussein Onn should be more particular in this matter specifically when it involves the image of local higher learning institutions and royalties.
- NST had publicly apologized on Aug 26, 2008. Click here to read them.
- Enjoy your reading…hehehe
HONORARY DEGREE AWARD, 7TH CONVOCATION CEREMONY, UNIVERSITY TUN HUSSEIN ONN MALAYSIA
Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Al-Mutawakil Alallahi Shah has born on 14th of August 1959 in Hospital Batu Gajah, Perak. Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith is a third son to Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Sultan Perak Darul Ridzwan and Duli Yang Maha Mulia Raja Mazuwin binti almarhum Raja Arif Shah.
Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah get early education in Sekolah Rendah Jenis Kebangsaan Datin Khadijah Kuala Kangsar in the state his birthplace namely in Perak. After end of the education in primary school, Yang Amat Mulia continue the education to form one at Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan Raja Perempuan Kalsom Kuala Kangsar, Perak.
In the month of September 1972, Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah have set forth to England for further education in Chaltenham Ladies College, Gloucestershire to form six. Then, Yang Amat Mulia continue learning it in Davies College London in September 1977 and his following year in receive enterto Somerville College, London after having passed Oxford Entrance Examination.
After graduated at Oxford University with Bachelor of Art in June 1983 and follow the traditional University of Oxford, Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith will receive Master of Art after three years in 1986. Yang Amat Mulia also is a linguist follow several courses including language Mandarin at the tertiary level, French and Italy language.
As his father,Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah is a person that talented in picture arts. Refinement of soul, Yang Amat Mulia always watching natural beauty environment immortalize in the form photograph and painting to make look and reference.Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith performance become guide to deliver the message education to general public. Yang Amat Mulia concern on women and natural world and it custody aspect in become deep theme in painting.
Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah comply have interest profoundest field documentation. Apart from producing book, Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith doubled up guest writer in the The New Straits Times newspapers and in personal column it “Mind Matters” in The Star newspaper. Besides writing, Yang Amat Mulia comply active presenting a working paper at the conference national level and international.
Education from her father and mother over concern to the people, make Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah likes engaged in voluntary activities about as Deputy President of Majlis Wanita Johor (ROSE), Chief of Persatuan Pandu Puteri Malaysia Johor branch, Chairman of Nationalistic Community Service Red Crescent Malaysia, Patron of Spastic Children School in Johor Bahru, Patron Rotary Club of Tebrau Foundation, Advisor of Traditional Arts School International in London and become Pro Chancellor University Technology Malaysia (UTM) and becomen Royal Felllow Faculty of Language and Linguistic University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
As the appreciation towards her contributions of ideas and efforts in the development of education in Malaysia, Chancellor of University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Duli Yang Amat Mulia Tunku lbrahim lsmail lbni Sultan lskandar, Tunku Mahkota Johor, has approbation to presented the awards to Yang Amat Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Al-Mutawakil Alallahi Shah the Honorary Doctorate of Philosophy in Education at 7th Convocation Ceremony of University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia in this year. Congratulation from us, University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia members.